1 bunch cardoons (about 8 stalks)
1 lb sunchokes (aka, Jerusalem artichokes)
¼ cup vegetable oil,
¼ cup olive oil, each 1 medium onion, sliced into crescents
salt to taste
juice of ½ large lemon
½ cup Italian parsley
• Trim cardoons and slice into 2-inch pieces. Peel sunchokes and cut into 1-inch cubes.
• In a pan sweat onions in vegetable oil.
• Mix in cardoons and add enough water to cover it well. Cook cardoons on medium heat for 30 minutes with cover on.
• Add sunchokes, season with salt. Simmer an additional 20 minutes or until fork tender.
• Add parsley and ¼ cup of olive oil. Mix carefully and let the dish cool, covered.
• If desired, you may serve it with Greek egg-lemon sauce (avgolemono).