2 lb peeled and diced butternut squash
5 cups (about) rich chicken stock
1 tbs salt
1 tsp white pepper
½ cup blue cheese
• Place squash in a heavy pen. Add enough stock to barely cover it.
• Simmer over medium-low heat until very tender, about half-an-hour.
• Place the squash into a blender (in batches, if necessary) with some of the liquid and blend until super smooth.
• Remove it from the blender into the saucepen and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
• Adjust the soup to desired consistency by adding the cooking liquid. I like it to be thick enough to hold its shape in a spoon.
• Plate it and garnish it with blue cheese. (I recommend English Stilton.)